IVF / ICSI / IUI Support
Assisted Conception Programmes
- IVF – In Vitro Fertilisation
- ICSI – Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- OI – Ovulation Induction
- IUI – Intra Uterine Insemination
Various studies have shown acupuncture alone increases the success of IVF by 40-60%. Some studies show a 70% increase, but this can be even further enhanced by incorporating Chinese herbal medicine, nutrition and hypnotherapy.
Working with motivated couples we can achieve the following on a physical and emotional level.
- Follicles can double in number
- Improve sperm quality
- The lining of the uterus is thicker
- The number of embryos increases
- Blood flow to the uterus increases
- The immune system is strengthened
- Hormones are regulated
- Reduce chance of miscarriage
- Reduce the unwanted effects of drugs
- The emotional stress of going through the procedure is reduced
- Women feel calmer, less anxious
- More able to cope with the side affects from the drugs
It is advisable that you start treatment at least 2 months before the start of any programme. Some supplements or herbs that are suggested, may take this long to have a beneficial effect to further enhance success.